Tuesday, November 16, 2010

WHICH TOMATOE MUST I PLANT?

My goodly neighbour, Justgivemethefacts has been back.

I have bought a tunnel. It does not fit into my garden. It is 10m wide, that's OK. It is to long and I will have to shorten it to 18m.

Do you need help? No. Just tell me what's the diffirance between determinate tomatoes and indeterminate tomatoes. 

A simple explanation neighbour? True to his nickname, Justgivemethefacts,  answered, yes.  

  Determinate tomatoes bear their crop all at once, while indeterminate tomatoes bear fruit over the course of a season. Indeterminate varieties grow longer vines.


Thanks.
Waite neighbour.
Justgivemethefacts paused with that, what now look on his face.

Done properly, indeterminate tomatoes will allow you to grow two full crops over a 13 month period and you could harvest 10 kg per plant. 

I could see the calculator working overtime in his brain. 

In your downsized tunnel that's about 400 plants twice in 13 months times 10kg per plant.

That's  400x2x10?

It was getting late and my dinner was waiting.

Yes.

I turned to go. What brand of seed must I use? Tomorrow  neighbour, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment